Here are the Indy Power Rankings for the week of December 16, 2013. Check out Indy Power Rankings on Facebook
Indy Power Rankings for the Week of December 16th, 2013
- Adam Cole-The PWG & ROH World Champion went into the weekend with two World titles and left the weekend with two World titles. In one of the biggest main events of arguably the biggest ROH show of the year, Adam Cole retained the ROH World Title vs. Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe in a 3 Way. This is Cole’s 4th #1 ranking in 2013. He boat raced the competition this week as he was a unanimous #1. Can he do it 2 weeks straight? He has 2 HUGE matches at PWG coming up.
- Aaron Williams-The Rockstar Pro Champion (and ½ of the D1W Tag Team Champions) went 3-0 in that very promotion this week as he won a 10 Man Tag (getting the pinfall for his team) on 12/11, defeated Alex Colon on 12/11, and then defeated 2 time former #1 Benjamin Kimera on 12/13. They call him “The Baddest Man on the Planet.” With his recent track record, it would be hard to argue against that moniker.
- The Hooligans-Devin and Mason Cutter have absolutely bullied every bit of competition that has been put in their path in 2013…and more often than not, they’ve come out victorious. This weekend they teamed with former #2 Jonathan Gresham to defeat Team LSD in a 6 Man Tag at SNPW. They appear to be unstoppable at this point, but with the recent announcement of a big match vs. The Young Bucks on 3/1 at SLA, can they prove they are truly THE elite tag team in the Midwest?
- Drake Younger-Drake jumps a few spots this week as “The Ultra Violent Golden Boy” defeated Sal Thomaselli by DQ in a Title vs. Title match at SPW. A six-man match was the end result of this which led to the team of Drake Younger, El Flaco Loco, and Sir Samurai defeating Sal Thomaselli, Mustafa Saed, and Joe DeSoul. He has been dominant the last few weeks, but with a PWG double shot coming up, could he make a strong argument for his very first #1 ranking?
- reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly)-While they haven’t teamed quite as frequently as a team like the Young Bucks in recent months, consider this, they have still only lost in straight up tag team competition to 2 teams: Former #1 The American Wolves and The Forever Hooligans. Per cagematch.net, in matches that were either straight up tag team matches or 3 another form of tag team match where it is just them teaming with no other partners (Gauntlet or 3 Way), they are 21-2. Let that sink in. 21-2. At Final Battle, they handed the first ROH loss to Outlaw Inc (previously 5-0 in ROH) to retain the ROH World Tag Team Titles. It’s been a banner year for Fish & O’Reilly.
- Reed Bentley-The DREAMWAVE Alternative & EPW Elite Champion holds steady this week after successfully defending his EPW Elite Title vs. Madman Pondo on 12/12. Bentley has been racking up checks in the win column over the last few weeks in various promotions in the Midwest. With another title defense on 12/22, can he continue to maintain this type of success? It will be interesting to see if Reed “By God” Bentley can continue to turn heads around the indies.
- Drew Gulak-The former #1 in the Indy Power Rankings gets back in this week with a big title defense vs. Chris Hero at CZW. The CZW World Champion has been a fighting champion thus far, but with a rematch vs. MASADA on the horizon, can he continue to reign supreme for a better CZW? 2014 will start off with tough challenges ahead.
- Facade-Big weekend for Facade as he once again gets ranked this week. He defeated Former #1 Johnny Gargano and Colt Cabana in a 3 Way at IWC Winner Takes All 2013 on 12/14 to earn his way into the Indy Power Rankings this week. He is now the #1 Contender to the IWC Super Indy Title. Could 2014 be an even bigger year for Facade?
- A.J. Smooth-On 12/14, IPW in Iowa presented the Christmas Cup. A.J. Smooth ran through 3 people in one night (Tony Sly, Sparrow, & The Big Picture) to win the tournament. This is his first time being ranked in the Indy Power Rankings and if this weekend was any indication of what he can do, this won’t be his last.
- Mark Shurman-After another successful Chaotic Wrestling Title defense vs. MPG on 12/13, Mark Shurman finally gets ranked in the Indy Power Rankings. He has been on the outside looking in for months along with his “Best Friends” tag team partner, Scotty Slade (the NECW Tag Team Champions), but he finally broke through this week. Shurman has had a fantastic 2013 and if this year has been any indication, 2014 could be even bigger.
Major Names Ineligible this week due to inactivity:
Global Green Gangsters, Daywalkers (as a team), Uhaa Nation, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Rich Swann
Just missing out/Others receiving votes:
La Rosa Negra-On 12/14 she won the Majestic 12 Tournament by defeating Annie Social & Sumie Sukai in tag action, then defeating Grandma Butcher, before finally beating Jessie Kaye and Mia Yim in a 3 Way Match in the Finals. She lost the PWS Bombshells Title in a Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match to Missy Sampson, which ultimately cost her a spot in the top 10 this week.
Young Bucks-Winners of 2 straight, beat Adrenaline RUSH (ACH & TaDarius Thomas) at ROH on 12/14
Scotty Slade-1/2 of the NECW Tag Team Champions and winner of the CW Pandemonium Battle Royal
Rain-SHINE Champion and winner of 6 straight (defeated Amazing Kong on 12/13)
Rob Terry & Jay Bradley-6-0 as a tag team (5-0 in Japan, 1-0 in OVW)
Brian Cage-Retained the FSP Title vs. Joey Ryan
Kimber Lee-Winner of 3 straight, defeated Christina Von Eerie on 12/14
Dalton Castle-NEW IWC World Heavyweight Champion
RJ City-NEW IWC Super Indy Champion
Jamin Olivencia-OVW Heavyweight Champion defeated Marcus Anthony by DQ on 12/11
Lucky tHURTeen-CZW Cage of Death XV Sole Survivor
Chris Dickinson-Impressive win over Davey Richards at CZW on 12/14
Matt Cross-Defeated Tyson Dux at Smash Wrestling on 12/15
Jaysin Strife-Defeated Ryan Kidd at The Last Podcast presents Ring of Hope on 12/13
Joe Gacy-Defeated Andrew Everett, AR Fox, Azrieal, Chuck Taylor, & Tony Nese in 6 Way Scramble at CZW on 12/14