New Japan Pro Wrestling recently announced that Jon Moxley will not be on the first night of the G1 Climax tournament scheduled for Dallas on July 7th. Moxley will join the tour when it heads to Japan beginning on July 13th.
According to a report from Wrestling Observer Radio, the reason Moxley won’t be on the Dallas show for NJPW is AEW is not permitting him to work NJPW shows in the United States.
“Jon Moxley’s deal is AEW has his rights in the United States,” Dave Meltzer said. “He’s free to work New Japan when it doesn’t conflict with AEW and he’s allowed to be in the G1, it’s fine but not US shows. AEW didn’t allow for that.”
The 1st night of the tournament in Dallas will consist of B block tournament matches and Moxley is in the A block. Normally, tournament participants from the other block compete on the undercard in tag matches but Moxley is not booked for one of those in Dallas.
Here is the card for Night 1 of the G1 Climax in Dallas, TX:
- Sho & Yoh vs Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
- Shota Umino & Tomohiro Ishii vs Ren Narita & Jeff Cobb
- Yoshi-Hashi & Hirooki Goto vs Chase Owens & Jay White
- Jushin Liger, Juice Robinson, & Toru Yano vs Bushi, Shingo Takagi, & Tetsuya Naito
- Will Ospreay vs Lance Archer (B Block)
- EVIL vs Bad Luck Fale (B Block)
- Sanada vs Zack Sabre Jr. (B Block)
- Kota Ibushi vs KENTA
- Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Written by Ian Carey and taken from SEScoops.com