The August 26th, 2019 edition of WWE RAW took place at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA.
– Sasha Banks comes out to the ring to kick off tonight’s show. We see a video package looking at Sasha turning on Natalya recently. Sasha gets on the mic and talks about her hiatus after WrestleMania, and says she was disgruntled about how WWE was treating her, so she took her ball and went home. She starts talking trash about Natalya, and then Natalya comes out to interrupt. Natalya and Sasha brawl all over ringside until referees and agents come out to break it up. They have trouble breaking it up, but they finally pull them apart.
– Back from the break, The Street Profits are backstage talking about Natalya and Sasha going at it. They start talking about the King Of The Ring tournament matches tonight, and the “Tag Team Turmoil” match. They show a graphic on the screen explaining that the match is similar to a gauntlet match for tag teams, and the winner will get a shot at the Titles at Clash Of Champions. Heavy Machinery, The Revival, Lucha House Party, Hawkins & Ryder, The B Team, The Viking Raiders, Gallows & Anderson, and Ziggler & Robert Roode will be in the Tag Team Turmoil match.
– Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre: This one is a King Of The Ring tournament match. We see pre-taped promos from Ricochet and Drew McIntyre before the match. Ricochet takes the fight to McIntyre right off the opening bell, but Drew is able to drop him with strikes. Drew follows up with a belly to belly overhead suplex. The fight spills out to ringside, where Ricochet misses a shot and Drew slams him into the fan barricade. Drew carries Ricochet up on to the ring steps, and then slams Ricochet on to the apron. Back in the ring, Ricochet fights back and he dumps Drew out to ringside. Ricochet follows up with a big suicide dive on Drew. Back in the ring, Ricochet looks for an inverted huricanrana but Drew counters it into a reverse Alabama Slam. Ricochet and Drew trade offense until Ricochet fires up with a flying clothesline off the top. Ricochet follows up with a standing shooting star press for a two count. Ricochet goes to the top rope again, but Drew knocks him off and down to ringside. Drew misses a shot at ringside, and Ricochet fires back with a leaping kick to Drew’s head. Drew fires back with a Claymore kick at ringside. Back in the ring, Drew looks for another Claymore, but Ricochet avoids it. Ricochet fires back with a flurry of strikes. Drew fights back with a sit-out powerbomb on Ricochet for a two count. Drew tries to carry Ricochet up to the top rope, but Ricochet knocks him down and hits The Recoil on Drew from the turnbuckle. Ricochet goes back to the top rope and hits the 630 on Drew for the three count.
– Ricochet now advances in the King Of The Ring tournament, and he will face Samoa Joe in the next round next week.
– Still to come: The Miz vs. Baron Corbin in a King Of The Ring tournament match.
– RAW Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman are backstage for an interview. Rollins says they’re ready for anyone who wants to challenge them for the Tag Titles. Braun says he wants to know who Seth is going to let challenge him for the Universal Title. Seth asks if Braun is trying to say he wants to challenge Seth for the Universal Title, and Braun says he is. Seth says he doesn’t back down from a fight, and they’re on. It looks like it’ll be Braun vs. Seth at Clash Of Champions for the Universal Title.
– The Miz vs. Baron Corbin: This one is a King Of The Ring tournament match, where the winner will take on Cedric Alexander next week. The Miz cuts a brief promo in the ring before the match. Corbin starts off strong and takes the fight out to ringside early on. Back in the ring, The Miz fights back and hits the Miz Kicks on Corbin, followed up by a cross body off the top for a two count. Cedric is shown backstage watching on a monitor. Miz misses a shot and Corbin comes back with the Deep Six for a two count. The Miz comes back with a DDT for a two count of his own. The Miz hits the Miz Kick on Corbin while he’s down, then Corbin ducks one and rolls up Miz for a two count. Corbin misses a clothesline and Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale. Miz pins, but Corbin gets the shoulder up. Miz misses a shot off the ropes and Corbin catches him with the End of Days. Corbin pins for the three count.
Winner: Baron Corbin
– Corbin now advances in the King Of the Ring tournament, and he will face Cedric Alexander next week. After the match, Corbin goes up to the stage and sits on the King Of The Ring throne on the stage. Corbin gets on the mic and takes issue with a poll on WWE.com where they voted for anyone but Corbin to win King Of The Ring. Corbin says he never cared what any of them think anyway because on their best day he couldn’t accomplish a single thing Corbin has.
– Gallows and Anderson are backstage for an interview, and they complain about Rollins and Braun “earning” their Tag Title shot out of thin air. They say that tonight they will right that wrong.
– Michael Cole shows clips on the big screen of the media coverage about NXT airing on USA Network.
– We see a replay of Rey Mysterio and his son Dominic talking about teaming up last week. Cole tells us that Rey returns to RAW next week.
– Bayley vs. Nikki Cross: This one is a non-Title match. Nikki shoves Bayley right after the opening bell, then they start trading strikes. Bayley takes Nikki down briefly, then hits a back suplex. Nikki rolls outside for a breather. Bayley goes out to the apron, but Nikki drops her and then slams her into the apron. Back in the ring, Nikki starts working over Bayley’s ribs. Bayley fights back with a running knee strike. Nikki tries to fight back, but Bayley grabs her and hits a sidewalk slam. Bayley climbs the turnbuckle and follows up with a flying elbow drop on Nikki for the three count.
– Braun Strowman is backstage for another interview. Braun says at Clash of Champions, it’ll be winner takes all, and it’s going to feel good. But he’s focused on tonight, and tonight AJ Styles is going to get these hands.
– Tag Team Turmoil: The Viking Raiders start this one off against The B Team. The B Team uses frequent tags in the opening moments to get some offense in on Erik. Erik quickly fights back and then tags in Ivar for the double team. They hit the Viking Experience on Dallas for the three count. The Viking Raiders advance, and will now face Gallows and Anderson. Gallows starts off against Ivar. Gallows immediately knocks Erik off the apron, and then Anderson runs in and they double team Ivar. They knock Erik off the apron again and continue beating on Ivar. Gallows and Anderson go out to ringside to beat down Erik, but Ivar breaks it up with a suicide dive out of the ring. They get back in the ring and all four men start brawling, as the referee tries to regain control. The ref can’t get control of this one, so he disqualifies both teams. The Viking Raiders and Gallows and Anderson are all eliminated. Roode and Ziggler come out, and they will face the Lucha House Party. Roode and Dorado go at it, then Ziggler tags in and Dorado boots him in the head. Metalik tags in and hits a springboard back elbow on Ziggler. Dorado gets involved but Ziggler sends him out to ringside. Metalik looks for another springboard back elbow, but Ziggler cuts him off with a superkick for the three count. Lucha House Party has been eliminated. The Revival now comes out to face Roode and Ziggler. Ziggler and Roode start off strong against Dawson in the opening moments. Dawson fires up and nails Roode with some chops to the chest. Roode fights back with a back body drop, then Ziggler tags in for the double team. Wilder tags in and shoulder tackles Ziggler, then he knocks Roode off the apron. Dawson tags back in for a double team leg drop off the top on Ziggler for a two count. Dawson and Wilder trade frequent tags now and work over Ziggler. Dawson suplexes Ziggler for a two count. Dawson gets distracted by Roode, and Ziggler starts fighting back. Roode tags in, but Wilder knocks Roode out to ringside. Ziggler hits the Fameasser on Wilder. Dawson grabs Ziggler and suplexes him. Roode gets back in the ring and hits Dawson with the Glorious DDT for the three count. The Revival has been eliminated. Hawkins and Ryder enter the match next. Hawkins starts with a flurry of offense on Ziggler. Ryder tags in for a double team on Ziggler for a two count. Ziggler dumps Hawkins outside, and Ryder dumps Roode outside. Ziggler then nails Ryder with a superkick for the three count. Hawkins and Ryder are eliminated. Heavy Machinery enters next. Roode and Ziggler try to call a time out at ringside, but the ref doesn’t acknowledge it, and Heavy Machinery brings them back in the ring. Tucker hits a springboard cross body on Ziggler for a two count. Otis tags in for the double team vertical suplex on Ziggler. Tucker tags back in and slingshots in the ring with a senton bomb on Ziggler. Tucker runs the ropes, but Roode pulls him out to ringside. Ziggler tags in Roode and Roode starts beating down Tucker at ringside. Back in the ring, Ziggler tags back in for the double team on Tucker. Tucker fights back and tags in Otis. Otis cleans house and hits a running splash on Roode in the corner. Otis looks for The Caterpillar, but Ziggler interrupts. Otis slams Ziggler down and puts him in front of Roode in the corner, then Otis hits a splash on both opponents in the corner. Otis then hits The Caterpillar on Ziggler. Roode rolls up Otis from behind for a two count. Otis hits a pop-up powerslam on Roode for a two count of his own. Tucker tags in and they look for a double team on Roode, but Ziggler breaks it up. Ziggler superkicks Tucker then hits a Zig Zag on Otis on top of Tucker. Roode then hits the Glorious DDT on Tucker for the three count.
Winners: Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler
– Roode and Ziggler have now advanced to Clash Of Champions for a RAW Tag Title shot.
– We see a video package looking at the mysterious backstage attacks on Roman Reigns, and Daniel Bryan and Rowan revealing their Rowan look-alike who allegedly carried out the attacks. Corey Graves tells us that Daniel Bryan and Rowan are demanding an apology from Reigns tomorrow night on SmackDown.
– We see a replay of Natalya and Sasha Banks brawling all over ringside earlier tonight.
– Sasha Banks vs. Natalya: Natalya starts off with a spear on Sasha right off the opening bell. They fight out to ringside and Natalya slams Sasha into the barricade, and then suplexes her on the floor. Back in the ring, Natalya pummels on Sasha in the corner. Natalya hits a German suplex, and Sasha rolls outside for a breather. Natalya goes out to ringside, but Sasha grabs her and dumps her into the timekeeper’s area. Back in the ring, Natalya fights back and looks for a Sharpshooter, but Sasha fights out. Sasha hits the backstabber and then goes for the Banks Statement. Sasha uses Natalya’s injured arm in the Banks Statement, and Natalya taps out.
Winner: Sasha Banks
– After the match, Sasha attacks Natalya again and puts her in the Banks Statement.
– AJ Styles is backstage for an interview. AJ says Gallows and Anderson were totally screwed in the Tag Team Turmoil match tonight. AJ says people doubting that he can take on Braun tonight are just forgetting how Phenomenal AJ really is. AJ says Braun will never get his hands on AJ’s United States Championship.
– Cedric Alexander vs. Cesaro: Cesaro starts off strong in the opening moments with a series of strikes and a gut-wrench suplex for a two count. Alexander fights back with a facebuster, and Cesaro rolls outside. Cedric hits a big suicide dive Swanton Bomb on Cesaro at ringside. Back in the ring, Cedric hits a springboard flying clothesline for a two count. Cesaro fights back and starts targeting the left knee of Cedric. Cedric stuns Cesaro with a springboard kick, and then he hits a Michinoku Driver for a two count on Cesaro. We see Baron Corbin backstage watching on a monitor. Cedric struggles to get to the top rope and is selling his left knee. Cesaro kicks out Cedric’s bad knee and climbs up the turnbuckle. Cesaro hits a superplex off the top for a two count, and then Cesaro applies the Boston Crab on Cedric. Cesaro looks for a shot off the ropes, but Cedric reverses it into a Spanish Fly for a two count. Cesaro and Cedric trade blows until Cesaro grabs on to Cedric’s foot and applies a half Boston Crab. Cedric fights out and rolls up Cesaro for a two count. Cedric misses a springboard kick and Cesaro applies an ankle lock on him. Cedric fights out an hits the Lumbar Check on Cesaro for the three count.
Winner: Cedric Alexander
– We see AJ Styles backstage warming up for his match.
– We see footage from FOX Sports’ Founder’s Day event with Elias and Drake Maverick. While Drake and Elias are arguing, R-Truth runs up behind Elias and pins him for the three count to win the 24/7 Title. Truth then fights off Drake Maverick and throws him in a tub of water. Truth gets pinned by Rob Stone, FOX Sports host, inside the studio. Elias then rolls up Rob from behind for the three count to win his 24/7 Title back.
– Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode are backstage for an interview. Ziggler says he doesn’t trust anyone in the WWE locker room, but he saw Roode have that extra twinkle in his eye and he wants to win. Ziggler says that Braun vs. Seth will happen earlier on the card than their tag match will at Clash Of Champions. Roode says they are the most athletic, most talented, best-looking tag team in WWE, and they’re going to be the next RAW Tag Team Champs.
– We go to the Street Profits backstage. They say RAW has been lit tonight, and they’re going to have an after-party on Bourbon Street. They get interrupted by Braun Strowman walking by. Braun’s match is up next.
– AJ Styles (c) vs. Braun Strowman: AJ’s U.S. Title is on the line in this one. Braun immediately throws AJ out to ringside right off the opening bell. Braun runs around ringside and tackles AJ into the fan barricade twice. Back in the ring, Braun looks for a splash in the corner, but AJ fights him off with kicks. AJ looks for a shot off the top, but Braun catches him and chokeslams him. AJ fights back and looks for a sleeper on Braun. Braun fights out, but then he misses a big boot attempt in the corner, and AJ takes out Braun’s leg. AJ starts trying to work over Braun’s knees now. AJ hits a springboard moonsault for a two count. AJ applies the Calf Crusher, but Braun fights out and headbutts AJ. Braun is selling a knee injury now. Braun hits a couple tackles on AJ, and then he picks up AJ for the powerslam, but AJ escapes. AJ sends Braun into the corner, and the ref barely gets out of the way in time. AJ dropkicks Braun, and this time Braun accidentally knocks the referee off the apron. The ref is now down at ringside. AJ attacks the eyes of Braun and then kicks Braun with a low-blow. AJ grabs a steel chair from ringside and brings it in the ring. AJ nails Braun with the steel chair while the ref is still down. AJ misses a chair shot, and Braun hits the running powerslam on AJ. The ref is still down. Gallows and Anderson hit the ring and attack Braun, but Braun fights them off. Braun grabs the steel chair and he nails Gallows and Anderson. The ref gets up and sees Braun holding the chair, and sees AJ laying on his back in the ring. Braun tries to explain what happened to the ref, but the ref isn’t having it, and he calls for the disqualification.
Winner via DQ: AJ Styles
– After the bell, Braun freaks out and starts beating down AJ, Gallows, and Anderson. Braun hits running powerslams on all three of them. Braun picks up the U.S. Title and looks at it, then throws it down at AJ as RAW goes off the air.
This recap was taken from Rajah.com